Bristol's Fourth of July Parade
The Fourth of July Parade begins at 10:30 a.m. and will step-off at the corner of Chestnut Street and Hope Street (Rt. 114) and ends on High Street, between State Street and Bradford Street.
- Bring cold drinks, hats and sunscreen.
- Shady areas can be the best protection against sun and heat.
- Games and books to occupy your children before the parade begins is a good idea.
- Pets should be left at home.
- First Aid will be available from emergency medical crews stationed along the parade route.
- A viewing section for people with disabilities will be set up at the corner of Hope and Court Streets, across from the Harriet Bradford Motor Inn. Handicap parking will be available across from the Town Hall on Court Street.
- Bleacher seats across from the Reviewing Stand will be available to the public on a first-come, first-served basis.
Rules and Regulations
Everyone should read the Rules and Regulations set forth by the Fourth of July Committee, as well as the Tips and General Information to ensure a safe and happy environment for all.
- Blankets and chairs may not be set up along the parade route before 5:00 a.m., any materials set up before 5:00 a.m. will be confiscated.
- Overnight camping is prohibited.
- Areas along the parade route may not be roped off, taped off or blocked any way with any object.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Fireworks, Silly String, "Poppers", streamers, waterguns, and projectiles of any kind are prohibited.
- Bicycles, skateboards and in-line skates are prohibited along parade route during parade. Anyone using any such transportation must walk along the parade route with bicycles, skateboards and in-line skates at their side.
- Soliciting along the parade route is illegal unless a license has been obtained from the Fourth of July Committee.
Parking is basically anywhere you can find it. Large lots are open to the public at the corner of Hope and Gooding. Avoid Mt. Hope High School, as the parade forms there are participants will be parking there. If you are parking on residential streets, please be sure to avoid blocking driveways. Police will ticket.
Various surrounding streets will be closed off beginning at 8:00 a.m., including Poppasquash Road. Chestnut Street, Naomi Street and Sherry Avenue will be close to traffic at 7:00 a.m.. A parking ban along the parade route goes into effect the night before the parade.